NEW SITE

please visit my new site HERE

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

live.laugh.love.click.....follow your dreams, go!

here i go....i want to say kicking & screaming, but that's so not the case!  i have finally decided, after feeling a bit like something was missing, to get on the other side of the lens (as i call it) & follow a passion i have had.  i remember borrowing my mother's canon camera in the seventh grade.  i went to the drug store at university mall in chapel hill, and bought film- kodak 400, to be exact- because i was going to be taking pictures of friends at a party, & i knew it would be dark.  i could hardly stand the wait as the roll developed the next day & once the pictures were finally in my hand, mission completed.
it's always been that way, as long as i can remember.  a few times over the last 15 years, i have thought i would take the plunge & really take seriously a gift i thought i had.  really it was more like my soul was nagging me to make the right choice, get out of corporate america, & do something that makes me happy.  i can say that i was saved in many ways by the turn of events that occurred about two years ago- saved from corporate america, saved from bad health, saved from not being the best i could be.
i would like to think- & in fact am often told- that i have inspired a lot of people over the last two years.  nothing is more gratifying.  for that, i feel so lucky.  once again, i felt inspired.  in a strange turn of events, i started to feel that while i was out inspiring people, i had lost a bit of myself, the creative side mostly, that i had thrived on for as long as i could remember.  so literally one day, i realized that this is what i should be doing.
so i got the camera- thanks to my dad & brother- & some amazing new tools, had a bootcamp of sorts with a great friend jessica pierce (she took these super fun photos of me) & me & canon are back together & happier than ever.  i have decided on this blog in the place of a traditional website to start &  chronicle my journey to the top- yes, i said the top ("life has no limitations, except for the ones you make"- les brown).  this will be a fun way for you to explore my style, what i love (next blog post!) & who i am.  thank you for joining me on another wonderful journey!

                                                               -live.laugh.love.click.
                                                                            heba



4 comments:

  1. I think this is fantastic, Heba. I'm excited to see your work. I love taking photos myself, but have no professional training. Good for you for following your dreams! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....did I ever get my camera back??? haha
    This looks amazing! Mighty proud of you, Boo!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are wonderful things to have ... and even more wonderful when you get to follow them into reality!

    ReplyDelete