NEW SITE

please visit my new site HERE

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

for the love of dog

i did not grow up in a house full of animals.  in fact, when i started to beg for a puppy, my dad told me if i could think of one thing that a dog could do that my brother couldn't then i could get a dog.  awesome!  or so i thought.  i ask you to take a moment & give that some real thought.  nothing come to mind?  me neither.  this is the sole reason i never had a furry family member in my house growing up.  some of you who are parents may be trying to avoid that very same thing, & you can thank me later for this clever way to avoid the puppy & children situation.  but just last night i was saying to ed that i felt i had missed out a bit on all the love that is shared between me & sammy, our beagle.  in a way, my brother probably got the attention he needed from me, & he is one of my most favorite people in the entire world, so it worked out.  i consider myself very lucky when i meet someone who understands the love of a dog, & even more so when i get to capture the love on that sweet little face.  here's to all the slobbery, furry, sweet, sweet friends out there who add so much to the world.  



happiness is a warm puppy
-charles shulz

dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole
-roger caras

a dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself
-j billings



live.laugh.love.click.bark.
-hs

3 comments:

  1. Aww...I love your dog photos! Right now I can't have one because of my allergies, but hoping to find a solution to that. You should have told your dad stuff the dog wouldn't do that your brother would...like blame stuff on you and talk back to you! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are too cute! Great photos Heba

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post! Dogs are the greatest:)

    ReplyDelete